Opioids are the most elusive and dangerous substances known to humanity, causing staggering human and economic damages every year. We are talking about a headcount of over 65,000 people and a financial hole of over $240 billion a year in the US alone. Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado is one of the top institutions firmly dealing with the problem.
Every program of drug rehab in Denver treats people of all ages and medical profiles and coming from all social circles. And if there’s something all have in common, then that must be a lack of education regarding drugs and their effects on the brain. Studies have shown that it is ignorance that’s feeding the epidemics of drug abuse in the 21st century.
For this reason, we stress the importance of educating the patient on the subject during the rehabilitation program, since it is one of the most effective ways of preventing relapse. In this regard, we have a crisis in play, since more than 85% of the patients will relapse at one point after completing the rehab treatment. Relapse is a normal part of the process, but it also means that people need to resume the treatment, which many won’t do. And so, the drug problem persists.
If you want to understand what makes drugs so evil, there are several crucial facts we teach all our patients during all programs of drug rehab in Denver:
- Addiction is a mental disorder; you can’t use your willpower to break it
- Drugs change the chemistry of the brain, drastically altering your personality in the process
- Patients will profound psychological problems, including anxiety, depression, paranoia, and psychosis
- Drug use disorder is a severe issue, causing addicts to lose their jobs, their friends, and their families
- Many drug users get in conflict with the law due to their addiction
- Opioids can inflict permanent organ damages in time and will increase the risk of sudden death dramatically
- The most common health problems associated with drug abuse include heart disease, respiratory infections, liver damages, and mental disorders
Nothing good comes out of drugs; everything revolves around despair and death. The good news, however, is that addiction can be treated regardless of its stage.
What’s an effective drug addiction treatment?
Treating drug addiction is difficult because people are different, and the rehab programs need to be adjusted accordingly. What works for one addict might not work for another. Little adjustments aside, the main rehab programs focus on several key aspects:
- Behavioral therapies
- Psychiatric treatments and psychologic counseling
- Individual and group therapies
- Dual-Diagnosis treatments
- Aftercare counseling, relapse prevention, and developing coping mechanisms
The best program of drug rehab in Denver is the one that saves people’s lives. The Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado is among the few institutions that treat drug addiction as a matter of life and death. Drugs don’t affect just the user, but everyone else connected to him as well. It’s time to put a stop to it. Join the rehabilitation program and get the second change you’ve been looking for!Drug Rehab Denver
View Larger Map